The church of Christ has been present in Canada since about 1810 in the Maritimes with the immigration of members from Scotland. Soon congregations formed in central Canada, then moved west as the country opened up. Our early churches in Manitoba produced many gospel preachers who planted new churches on the Prairies. British Columbia and Alberta saw their first congregations in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Today churches of Christ exist in nine of our ten provinces and in the NWT. Although distances are great, our churches are very involved with each other and always stand ready to help with any needs (Acts 11:27-30). Our Alberta congregations are located in greater Edmonton, Camrose, Lloydminster, Red Deer, greater Calgary, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat. Recently a new congregation began in Fort McMurray.